About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Random has focus and scope about:
1. Information System
- Management information Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Intelligence Decision Support
- Enterprise Resources Planning
- Strategic Information System
- Data Warehouse
- Supply Chain Management
2. Image and Speech Processing
3. Sofware Engineering and Its Development
- Method and Tools for software requirement, Design Architecture, verification and validation, testing, maintenance and evolution
- Software development methods and tools
- Devops, Continues Integration / Continues Development, build and test automation
4. Analysis and Design
- Model-driven development
- Requirements engineering
- Verification and validation
- Maintenance and evolution
- Quality assurance
- Dependability analysis
- Project management
- Organization models for software development
- Predictive models for software dependability
- Software engineering economics
5. High Performance Computing
6. Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Soft Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision and Pattern recognition
- Semantic web
- Expert system
7. Data Science
8. Computer Systems and Networking
- Cyber-Physical System; embedded system; internet of things; computer architecture
- Network Protocols and Architectures
- Mobile and Wireless Networks;
- Network Management;
- Applications and Service;
- Network information theory and coding;
- Security System;
- Cloud Computing;
Peer Review Process
The articles published at RANDOM Polindra, have gone through a minimum substance review process by 2 reviewers with with a single-blind peer-review system. Peer-review of articles will be carried out to see the suitability of the format of pages, images, tables, citations and reference lists as well as systematic article repositions. Plagiarism checks are carried out before review.
Review is carried out for 4-6 weeks. If desired, the reviewer can request a review after the author has revised the article. The decision to accept an article is an Editorial Board authority based on recommendations from reviewers.
Journal of informatics and computing (RANDOM) publish 2 (two) numbers every year in April and October. The release schedules are:
- Volume X, Number 1, Year Y: Published annually in April, Deadline for submitting article: 10th March
- Volume X, Number 2, Year Y: Published annually in October, Deadline for submitting article: 10th September
Open Access Policy
Journal of informatics and computing (RANDOM) Politeknik Negeri Indramayu provide open access for all articles published in the journal with purpose to share results of the technology research to public.
RANDOM Publication Ethics Guidelines
There are three ethical values in the publication that are upheld in the ethical statement of this scientific publication. All parties involved in the process, namely managers, editors, best partners, and writers are obliged to fulfill them. The three ethical values are neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications), justice (giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors), and honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications).
- Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, scale, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the editorial board membership.
- Defining relationships between publishers, editors, best partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors / writers, editors, and best partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, specifically copyright.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors / writers, board editors, best partners, and readers.
- Make a code of conduct guide for editors and best partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
- Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors / writers,
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Implement the process to guarantee the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the academic track record of the author,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author / writer,
- Actively asking the opinion of authors, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage the assessment of journals if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearance form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publication,
- Assess the effects of policy issues on the attitudes of authors / authors and best partners and improve them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Have an open mind about new opinions or other people's views that might conflict with personal opinions,
- Do not defend your own opinions, authors or third parties that can lead to non-objective decisions,
- Encourage authors / writers, so they can make repairs to papers until they are worth publishing.
- Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Get the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer may not conduct a study of a paper that involves him or herself, directly or indirectly
- Maintain the privacy of authors by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage the author / writer to make improvements to the paper
- Revisiting written works that have been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Written papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of confinement published based on scientific rules (methods of data collection, legality of authors, conclusions, etc.).
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Authors
- Ensure that what is included in the list of authors / authors meets the criteria as an author / writer.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study
- Responding to comments made by best partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will retract the paper.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is authentic, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.